Minolta's Super Mom Story: Part I

When I became a mom for the first time, I made all the mistakes in the world. I couldn’t change a diaper to save my life. Formula or breast milk? I had no idea. Sleep? Oh! I would have loved to sleep like a normal person again.

Once the baby was physically in the world, it was up to me to take over. There I was, with a little tiny person in my arms, and some day he would call me mom. I didn’t know what to expect, or how to deliver on my promise to love.

As little girls, we are introduced to motherhood by loving our baby dolls. We dress them up, carry them everywhere, pretend to feed them, and put them to bed.

Being a real life parent? Yes, it’s like that - but it’s way, way more complicated.

As I held my first-born son in my arms for the first time, I was beyond nervous, and could hardly find the words to express my fears.

As a young woman, I learned about becoming a mother through trial and error. Many nights were spent in tears. I had always been a strong and logical person, but when I became a mother, it tapped into a part of me that I never knew existed.

I was beginning to become more emotionally, mentally, and spiritually stretched than ever before. I loved my baby, and that much was true. However, I was not mentally prepared for the dynamic being a mother entails.

There was a major journey ahead.

Summary of Parts II and III: In part two of this series, Minolta talks about the importance of having a supportive community, and in part three, she shares how to love yourself first.

M.C. Walker

M.C. Walker is a happily single divorcee from Atlanta, Georgia. In between raising her family. M.C. Walker helps creative entrepreneurs write books to grow their brand and business. Currently working on her next book, Love Beneath The Moon. Visit www.themcwalker.com to see more of her content.

about bonfami

At Bonfami, you’ll find an empowering community filled with single moms like you - strong women who care deeply about their children’s future and wellbeing.

connect with us!

Copyright © 2020 Bonfami. All rights reserved.